Dynacorn Door Latch Update

Dynacorn Door Latch Update

Update: Mustang Dynacorn Door Latch Issues

I’ve got several updates to share, but I’ll start with an update on the issues I’d been having with the Dynacorn door latch sets.  With the holidays and then heading back to work, I haven’t had much of a chance to write about my progress on the car, instead I’ve chosen to spend the time I have to actually make progress.

One big development that took place just after Christmas was that I finally took the time to fully restore the original door latches, and after test fitting them, it was a world of difference.  They work like new, exactly as designed, as you can clearly see in the video below.  For a comparison, see my earlier post and video on the Dynacorn door latch issues here.  After agonizing about the fact that I’d still wasted money, I decided to take a chance that I could get CJ Pony Parts to take them back, even though I was a little outside the return policy.  The passenger latch was less of an issue than the driver’s door.  Once I’d finished generously greasing it, the latch worked almost perfectly, but given the trouble I’d had with the other one, I ultimately decided to return the pair and not screw around with a mismatch.

I’m glad to report that I was able to return them without too much trouble.  At first they wanted to exchange the faulty latches for another set, but I politely insisted on just returning them since I’d been able to restore my original latches, and since I believe the issues I was experiencing were a design defect, not a manufacturing defect.  Ultimately they offered to take the latches back in exchange for store credit, which is more than fine with me since I’ll definitely be ordering from them in the future.  Heck, they even paid the return shipping.  I can’t promise your experience will be the same, but for what it’s worth, they went above and beyond for me, and I’ll be very happy to continue to do business with them moving forward.